Education & Certification
Recognized by Corporate America as the symbol of excellence in the Staffing Industry, the Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC) and the Certified Temporary-Staffing Specialist (CTS) designations are offered by HAAPC in conjunction with the National Association of Personnel Services (NAPS).
CTS/CPC Certification was initially established as a self-regulating vehicle for the staffing industry. Today, along with this, it is the opportunity to expand the professional knowledge base in employment law, changing regulations, best business practices and the highest standards of ethics.
Of those surveyed:
- Certification is viewed by the business community and the industry as a seal of excellence. Fortune Magazine reported in its July 20, 1998 issue that one way to choose a recruiter is to ask if they’ve been certified.
- NAPS certification was initially established as a self-regulation vehicle for the staffing industry. Today, along with this, it is the opportunity to expand the professional knowledge base in employment law, changing regulations, best business practices and the highest standards of ethics.
- There are more than 20,000 professionals certified nationally as either a CPC or CTS. That number grows by about 1,000 professionals annually.
- According to a recent survey of certified professionals, most respondents said certification gave them a stronger foundation in employment law, enabling them to deal more confidently in an industry that is laden with legal restrictions.
- 55% said their income has increased substantially or moderately
- 100% said they use certification to gain a competitive edge or remain competitive with their competition
- 84% said their confidence in dealing with clients and candidates has increased
- 95% said their ability to deal confidently with issues relating to employment laws and regulations has increased substantially or moderately
- 61% said their business in new orders and clients has increased
- 67% said their service's productivity has increased